Why am I still building and remodeling? My birthday is this week and I reached a milestone of over 40 years that I have been a Contractor.
Why do I put up with the daily pressures of everything that happens in a business –
· Material being shorted or mis made
· Trades or team members not showing up on time and making mistakes
· Clients unhappy due to miscommunication or last minute changes
· Building inspections and permits taking too long
· Not having project payments meet the payroll and other payments due
· The list sometimes seems endless…..
I take great pride and satisfaction, and still do to this day –
· Having a Client’s project being completed on time for the arrival of their first baby
· Having a Client’s project being completed, not always on time, but with it being built with the quality and functionality that changes how they live in their home and raise their family
· Being able to employ a host of people as my employees and supporting them and their families
· Being able to employ multiple tradespeople and suppliers and helping them meet their small business goals
· Being able to provide for my family – Joanne, Jon and Lauren, Julie, Lauren and Eleanora and Loren and Dan
That is my Why!!
If you or anyone you know wants to know Why, please call us at 401-334-9110 or email inquire@CalyxBuilds.com. My personal cell phone is 401-641-5329.